Bank Senior Carer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Care Assistant to cover the holidays and sickness of 6 Senior Carers (MUST be flexible to cover both Day and Night Seniors). Experience within administering of medication is essential. Ensuring that floors are run to a high standard.
Shifts: Days: 8am – 8pm / Night: 8pm – 8am
Job Type : Bank/Zero hour contract
Salary : £10.76 per hour
· To provide the highest level of personal care (toileting, washing, bathing proved a caring relationship etc) and attention to Residents,
· following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of Residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
· To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the Home.
· To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the Residents.
· To always be alert to Residents - physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any accidents or changes in a Resident’s condition to a senior person on duty and to accurately maintain and update Residents’ records as required.
· To respect and maintain confidentiality of Resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
· Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support Residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting Residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
· Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying Resident’s room, undertaking light cleaning duties as needed, ensure any maintenance work is reported and generally assisting in ensuring that the home Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
· Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for Residents who need assistance with feeding and dressing.
· To be an active and supportive member of the Care team, contributing to team meetings, training and development, ensuring good communication ensuring thatThe home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
· All concerns regarding possible abuse of vulnerable adult must be reported immediately, to the person in charge, who will report to the board of directors.
Must be able to attend 7 day in-house mandatory training course based at Groveland Park.
Job Type: as and when required
Salary: £10.76 /hour
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.76 /hour
Read full post